Take%20Us%20To%20Vegas

Saturday 21 March 2015

Dizzie Vegas has left the building.......thankyou, thankyou very much!

TONIGHT! Is my last show with Take Us To Vegas.
And I feel its time tell you how it started... (Fade to black)
I still remember the day i was recruited by Liam Hennessy to play Bass in this god awful band called Wingspan. I hated bass. But I knew if I played my cards right I could eventually kick everyone out and become the front man of Dean and the Wingspans!
The plan was working perfectly. I was now on guitar and writing most the tunes... Now... Just to eliminate this Liam fellow. His long blonde hair, plain black shirt and skinny jeans had proved resistant to change over the weeks I had known him. I started to wonder if he ever changed his clothes. I picked my moment and decided to strike. Blunt force trauma to the back of the head should do it. (This was all before LeeVegas was the Social Media Powerhouse he is today, no one would have known, the report would have read "Blonde girl attacked at dance studio")
PLOT TWIST!
In steps this Monkey Magic motherfucker named Ryan Jamie Goodall-Keeble Steven Tyler Hunaman-Charlie. The man with the longest name I had ever heard outside of Romeo and Juliet. Blacker than night back then, I assume he would just hang out at the tree tops chasing the sun or something.
He picks up his bass and starts playing it like Token out of South Park. I immediately ask... "Youre actually a guitarist aren't you" and he replies with "Yeah man, I sang too in my old band too"
Call it paranoia, or maybe jealousy of his skin tone but i thought to myself... THIS MOTHER FUCKERS ATTEMPTING A HOSTILE TAKE OVER LIKE ME! NOT IN MY LIFETIME! I says to myselfs.
And then he sang...
Doves flew, flowers blossemed, planets aligned, and Liam dropped his Microphone.
"You should be the singer" murmers this voice from the corner. Turns out the super quiet guy in the corner behind the drum kit wasn't a mannequin, but none other than Alex Reichelt. "I just assumed you were a drum machine" I expressed in disbalief, "I'm not used to people playing in time". He lets out half a chuckle and fades back into the darkness.
If we are going to do this we need to change our name...
"Take Us To Vegas" we hear out the darkness that is Alex's corner. Almost as if... He was ready for it...
Oh my god...
*Long drawing show of a figure standing in the distance*
*Ominous music fade in*
Had he planned this whole thing?
Was he the mastermind?
So many questions!
*Slow zoom in completes the scene on a seriously devilish looking Alex*
*Roll credits*
Nah nah nah yeah nah but seriously. Only like 80% of that was true. I can't thank everyone who has supported us over the years enough, and I have to say its been a Coca Cola Rollercoaster (Nickelback Reference). I can't wait to hit the stage one more time with 4 of my best mates and finally play our new songs! I love you all with all my heart and I will personally hug every single one of you there tonight.
See you all at the Crowbar!
heart emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment